TERMS & CONDITIONS OF OUR INSURANCE POLICY WHILE IN TRANSIT AND / OR IN OUR STORAGE FACILITY
(Insurance Calculator will work out your premium rate per week)
- Cover shall attach once loading of the insured cargo has commenced at the point of loading, continue during the ordinary course of transit and terminate when the insured cargo is off-loaded at any building or place of storage at the consignee’s premises. (Cover will be restricted to loss or damage as a direct result of Fire, Collision and or Overturning of the conveying vehicle, Theft following any of these perils and Hijacking) (Limited to Declared Value)
- Cover shall be in force during loading and unloading of the insured cargo provided such loading and unloading is the responsibility of the insured and is under the direct control and supervision of the insured.
- Client's cargo stored at any one of the Simply Store storage sites nationally, will be covered against Fire and Allied Perils, Theft following Forcible Entry and Robbery. (Cover restricted to Total Loss only). The insured warrants that such storage will be within a Simply Store premises which will be fully enclosed, secured and guarded.
- The policy does not cover rigging or manoeuvring of any insured cargo before loading or after off-loading.
- All insurance premiums and storage charges must be paid up in full in order to exercise your claim if a claim arises under this insurance policy. Failing to do so, will result in the claim being null and avoid.
- All claims are subject to a R 750.00 excess each and every claim.